The GlobalSim Portable VR simulator training system is delivered with a basic curriculum that supports the training, certification and recertification of crane operators. The following training modules are included with the system:
- Module 1: Machine Familiarization
- Module 2: Hand Signals
- Module 3: Swing Control Recovery
- Module 4: Place Chain in Stop Circle (1.5 min.)
- Module 5: Place Ball in Barrels (4 min.)
- Module 6: Negotiate Zigzag Corridor with Test Weight (3 min.)
- Free Practice Mode
Module 1:Machine Familiarization
The focus of this module is to introduce the simulator training system to the student.
1. Learn how to use the simulator training system.
2. Learn the name of each control for the simulated crane and its function.
3. Practice using each control for the simulated crane.
Module 2:Hand Signals
The focus of this module is to introduce the directive hand signals for crane operation
1. Learn industry standard (AMSE B30) hand signals.
2. Practice following hand signal directions from a signal person.
Module 3:Swing Control and Recovery
The focus of this module is to introduce the concepts of swing control and recovery. The student will be told that a force will be applied to the hook to cause it to swing. The hook will begin to swing either side to side or front to back. The student must practice moving the boom of the crane over the hook to stop the hook from swinging.
1. Learn the concepts related to swing control
2. Practice stopping the swing of the hook.
Module 4:Place Chain in Stop Circle
This is a timed module providing the student with instruction on load control. The student must move a chain from one location to another while keeping the hoist rope as vertical as possible throughout the move.
- Learn the concepts and importance of smooth controlled crane movements.
- Learn the concepts of starting a load moving through boom and swing operations
- Learn the concepts of stopping a moving load through swing control techniques.
- Learn to plan and target a desired load destination.
- Practice moving a chain while keeping the hook swing to a minimum.
Module 5: Place Ball in Barrels
This is a timed module providing the student an opportunity to practice swing control by placing the hook in a barrel.
1. Learn the importance of swing control
2. Practice improving swing control by placing the hook in a barrel using the crane controls.
Module 6: Negotiate Zigzag Corridor with Test Weight (3 min.)
This is a timed module that provides the student with an opportunity to practice moving a load through a zigzag test course.
- Learn how to utilize three simultaneous crane motions (hoist, swing, and luff) to move a load.
- Practice moving the test weight through the zigzag course with the crane.
Free Practice Mode
This module provides the student with a free running exercise to practice the principles learned in the course. The student may perform any operations desired to practice for the operational proficiency. The student’s performance is recorded and can be viewed at the instructor station.